Highlights of IT Skills
|Languages||Bash, PHP, Python, Awk, Sed|
|Operating Systems||Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora Workstation, Slackware|
|Load Balancing||Big-IP LTM|
|Infrastructure Services||DHCP (ISC), DNS (BIND), SSO (CAS), mail transport (Postfix), LDAP, NFS, monitoring (Zabbix), web application delivery (Tomcat, Apache), VMware vSphere|
|OS Administration||Performance analysis, PAM, user management, system updates (RHEL Satellite), software installation, automated setup (Kickstart), LDAP integration, storage management (LVM)|
|Organization||Documentation, team communication, long-term infrastructure planning, analytics, request tracking and ticket management (Team Dynamix), PCI compliance, NIH secure data compliance|
Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana
Linux Systems Integrator - January 2015 to Present
- Managed 100+ Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers that provide the infrastructure to support business operations, educational efforts, and academic research at ISU.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained the DHCP system that supports ISU’s campus networks, acknowledging 2000+ clients per hour during peak times.
- Developed, standardized, and documented Linux systems in our VMWare vSphere environment.
- Investigated, resolved, and documented technical support issues and inquiries daily from ISU staff and faculty regarding infrastructure services.
- Managed four Linux-based high performance compute clusters that are used for academic research in the Biology, Chemistry, and Bioinformatics departments.
- Developed complex load-balancing models using F5’s Big-IP LTM load balancing system.
- Managed daily tasks using TeamDynamix work management and ticketing system.
- Communicated and collaborated with technical and non-technical groups in OIT to design, plan, and complete department projects, meet strategic goals, and support ISU’s mission statements.